So you want to have a swimming pool set up. Do you know what type you want? There are many, varying mostly on what materials are used on them. Fiberglass for one, is a relatively new technology introduced for pools, yet it is quickly becoming one of the most popular. Here are some reasons why:
- Efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to fiberglass. It’s easy to install, low-maintenance and it has much lower long-term costs compared to other types.
- They are prefabricated, which means that they were produced in a factory which ascertains that your pool is of sound quality and performance by the time it arrives in your backyard for installation.
- Not only are they pre-made, but they arrive in one piece. No assembly required, no seams and joints – these make for better water retention and rust prevention.
- Unlike concrete, fiberglass isn’t prone to algae development, thus making the pools quite easy to clean.
- Fiberglass, having high flexibility, is also excellent in absorbing natural forces like constant ground vibrations or earthquakes. While this can be disastrous for other forms of inground pools, your fiberglass swimming pool can easily weather through the ground shifts.
- Being more resistant to temperature changes, a fiberglass pool can keep water warmer or cooler for longer.
So, do you think a fiberglass pool is suited to your tastes and preferences? Consult your contractor or pool professional for more information.